Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bracelets

I wanted to talk today about my products, in particular bracelets. I love nothing more that wearing, purchasing and making lovely arm candy. These are a few examples of some I have recently made. They vary in size, type and materials. Some take longer to make than others. Some are completely unique and not able to be remade easily. The particular ones I am most proud of right now are my twisted memory wire bracelets with a shambala closure. Made for petite wrists and those not so small as well. These remind me so much of vines twisting around tree branches and shoots. I struggled with these memory wire bracelets a bit when I first tried to make them. If they are triple wrap they stay on easily. But if you have tiny wrist the single wraps don't work too well. So I came up with the idea to add the leather cord. It was a bit of spare I had after attempting a leather wrap bracelet and failed miserably. I am still trying that one as I type. One day I'll figure it out. The twisted wrap looked great but then I had to address the other issues: Getting it to close, look right and not fall off. I did some research of bracelets and found the popular style shambala style ones and got my idea. I used another piece of leather and made an adjustable closure. These will all be hitting the shop soon and I plan to make many more and can even customize them  because just about any 2mm to 8mm size round beads will work. The green one pictured are quartzite, glass pearls, and ceramic beads. The blue one is lapis and jasper with some small silver glass seed beads thrown. in the mix. I have brown, black and cream leather in stock as well. The other wrap bracelets will be hitting the shop soon (The pastel pearl one is already listed) If you are interested in a custom order twisted wrap please email me at denalistondesigns@gmail,com
Here is the link to my shop and where you can find these and other styled bracelets.
http://denalistondesigns.com

3 comments:

  1. Personally I like the look of mixed textures so I particularly like the bracelets with the leather and beads. Very pretty! Are these made to slip on over the hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes they slip right on and then adjust. I also struggle with clasps sometimes so they just slide close really easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slip on ones are much easier. I can never get the bracelet steady to close a clasp. The one with blue and orange on the bottom left is particularly pretty.

    ReplyDelete