Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Join us at the 6th Annual Panhandle Earth Day Celebration at Morgans Grove Park, Shepherdstown WV Saturday April 26 11:00 am

Join us at the 6th Annual Panhandle Earth Day Celebration at Morgans Grove Park, Shepherdstown WV Saturday April 26 11:00 am
There are some great things happening there and we are going to have lots of fun.
info from their FB page.
The 6th Annual Panhandle Earth Day Celebration will be held Saturday, April 26, 2014, at Morgan's Grove Park, just outside of Shepherdstown, West Virginia. There will be Music, Art, Crafts, Food, Kid's Activities, Demonstrations, Educational Talks, Environmental & Conservation groups, Activists, Vendors, Gardeners, a Farmers Market, a Community Swap, Free Recycling and more! This is a family friendly, community-oriented event.

Bands this year include: The Boatmen - The Green Boys - Herb & HansonThe Outpatients - The Gypsy Ramblers - Strung Tight - Sacred Groove - The Rolling Coyotes - Paul the Resonator - Sunrise Project - Roderick Deacey

For more information, please visit: http://pedc.earthvibeproductions.com/

If you would like to support this free event, please consider donating at:http://pedc.earthvibeproductions.com/donate.htm.

If you would like to volunteer, please email mail@earthvibeproductions.com or call Stephanie Unger at 304-702-2620.



I will be joining lots of talented crafters and bringing new items never offered before.

Here are a few pics of the things I am bringing.


Vintage fabric and buttons turned into earrings with surgical stainless post and hypoallergenic rubber and stainless backings


wine charms  from vintage metal buttons  sold in sets of six
these are 7/8 and look lovely. the fabrics are all vintage from the 60s through 90's
I try to upcycle or use scrap fabric when possible

Enough about me...here are a few other talented folks joining me

Meet Debbie Smith of DHS Designs
A little about Debbie in her own words:


Always enjoyed doing crafts but it was always for family or for things around the house.  A couple of years ago I was inspired to make some jewelry for myself.  When family and friends asked it I could make pieces for them it gave me the confidence that maybe just maybe there are others out there that might like what I make also.you can contact her through her FB page or see her at the show. 





And this sweet lady....serious pun intended is Sarah Arzt who makes sweet, confections and cakes, yup cakes! And they are yummy! 

 A Touch of Confection
https://www.facebook.com/touchofconfection

  I asked her a few questions about her business. 

What do you make? 
 From custom birthday cakes and cupcakes, to cake pops in all sorts of flavors, to fun cookie varieties, to all sorts of things dunked in chocolate, I am happy to help you find just the right 'touch'.

How did you get into making sweets? 
 After being an adjunct professor at Shepherd University for the last six years, I am leaving my day job to focus on my company.  I started getting into cake decorating when my kids were really little: I had more free time than free money and figured I could make their birthday cakes myself.  Over the years, the cakes became the centerpiece of the birthday table as my kids challenged me with their ideas.  I was also raised with the idea that you should never show up to a gathering empty handed, and pretty much everyone likes dessert, so that's what I would bring.  I co-lead my daughter's Junior Girl Scout troop, assist with my son's 4H group, advise for my youngest daughter's Daisy Girl Scout troop and run the craft room at Shepherdstown's Summer Community Bible School.  


Where do you sell?, facebook.com/touchofconfection and www.touchofconfection.com I don't have an online shop since most things I do are custom and require a lot of discussion before hand.

What you are bringing to the show?  Oh, my list keeps changing! Cupcakes and cakepops for sure, haven't figured out the finalist on flavors yet (but salted chocolate caramel will probably make that cut!), Chocolatiers, which are vanilla cream, peanut butter, chocolate wafer cookies stacked up and dunked in chocolate...with sprinkles, have to have sprinkles.  Chocolate covered marshmallows, maybe some caramel and chocolate covered marshmallows.
I will also have my Birthday Bag: I will be accepting donations to build Birthday Bags that will be donated to the local Food Pantry.  The idea is that in each bag is everything a parent would need to throw a birthday party for their child: cake mix and frosting, invitations, decorations, party favors and candles.  Birthdays are so important, I want every child to be able to celebrate theirs regardless of the families situation.

here are some pics of some yummy items. 



 SEE YA THERE!

5 comments:

  1. That Birthday Bag sounds like a great idea! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't make the event, but it looks like you have some great items to sell. And I do wish I could stop by for cake pops. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I love salted chocolate caramel. (He doesn't believe it other flavors getting between him and chocolate.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never tried the salted choc til Christmas last year and i tried Sarah's cake pops...to die for!

      Delete
  3. Love the button earrings! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, this weekend looks like great fun. You do a great job upcycling, it looks new.

    ReplyDelete